Legal Nurse Consulting with a specialty in Biomedical Informatics
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Systems
- Metadata and audit trail investigations
- Software/Design issues
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE)
- Medication error analysis
EHR-related medical malpractice claims have been on the rise with two separate time-frame studies showing the hottest areas are: Family medicine, cardiology, internal/hospital medicine, and obstetrics/gynecology.
- David Troxel
Our investigation found that alarming reports of patient deaths, serious injuries and near misses — thousands of them — tied to software glitches, user errors or other flaws have piled up, largely unseen…
- Erika Fry & Fred Schulte
Up to 80% of cases involving hospital EHR systems were rated as having either a medium or high severity patient incident and appeared across all hospital service lines.